1A flat slab of stone, clay, or wood, used especially for an inscription.
- As if memories were not enough, two stone tablets with inscriptions and a copper plate were unearthed from inside the church.
- Any significant ancient ruler required a personal seal for signing clay tablets and other inscriptions.
- Many of these Han burials were readily identifiable by inscribed stone stelae, tablets recording the name, titles, and dates of the deceased.
1.1 Architecture another term for table (sense 3 of the noun).
2A small disk or cylinder of a compressed solid substance, typically a measured amount of a medicine or drug; a pill.
- You can also take antihistamine tablets containing drugs such as cyclizine or cinnarizine to prevent travel or motion sickness.
- You will usually be given pain relief such as paracetamol or codeine tablets to help ease your discomfort.
- Inflammation can be reduced with ibuprofen tablets and paracetamol can help to relieve any pain.
4North American A writing pad.
- Legal pad enthusiasts do seem to have a psychological connection to their writing tablets.
- It consisted of a video of a little girl's hand clasping a pencil and writing on a tablet.
- Pulling his writing tablet from his harness pouch, Alan retrieved the pen he'd placed in the side of his war collar.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.