- Abnormally rapid breathing.More example sentences
- On her second hospital day she developed fever, tachycardia and tachypnea, progressive respiratory distress, and hypotension.
- Abnormal findings on examination included decreased breath sounds, tachypnea, rapid atrial fibrillation with a ventricular rate as high as 170, splenomegaly, and a right-sided abdominal mass.
- The patient was an obese white woman who was in mild respiratory distress with tachypnea of 22 breaths/min.
late 19th century: from tachy- 'swift' + Greek pnoē 'breathing'.
More definitions of tachypneaDefinition of tachypnea in:
- The British & World English dictionary