- (In roadmaking) a thin coating of tar or asphalt applied before a road is paved to form an adhesive bond.More example sentences
- Placement on that half of the intersection was completed when a tack coat was sprayed on to seal the moisture in and prepare for the asphalt placement.
- Paving equipment on wet tack coat may result in tracking, which typically occurs in the wheel paths.
- If the surface has been stabilized with an asphalt based dust suppressant a tack coat is not required.
More definitions of tack coatDefinition of tack coat in:
- The British & World English dictionary