noun (plural tacos)
- A Mexican dish consisting of a fried tortilla, typically folded, filled with various mixtures, such as seasoned meat, beans, lettuce, and tomatoes.More example sentences
- She explains the difference between chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas and fajitas.
- Other menu items include stuffed sandwiches, subs, quesadillas, wings, tacos and salads.
- Fresh tortillas are eaten as bread, used as plate and spoon, or filled to make composite dishes such as tacos and enchiladas.
Mexican Spanish, from Spanish, literally 'plug, wad'.
More definitions of tacoDefinition of taco in:
- The British & World English dictionary