- A fine lustrous silk or similar synthetic fabric with a crisp texture.More example sentences
- Gowns in black, burnished orange, cognac and pale pink easily communicate the rock princess vibe, especially when combined with silk taffeta, velvets and plush taffetas.
- The shapes are a lot more feminine, the fabrics - taffeta, silk and lace - are a lot more feminine, and there are more textures involved.
- Will you hear the crisp crackle of silk taffeta or did you just use glazed cotton which will make no sound at all?
late Middle English (originally denoting a plain-weave silk): from Old French taffetas or medieval Latin taffata, based on Persian tāftan 'to shine'.
More definitions of taffetaDefinition of taffeta in:
- The British & World English dictionary