- A drink similar to rum, distilled from molasses or waste from the production of brown sugar.More example sentences
- Excise taxes, the levy on whiskey, brandy, gin, and vodka will be standardized at $15 per liter, while rum and tafia will attract an excise tax of $10 per liter.
- Sugar is very difficult to ship; rum and tafia can be handled with less risk.
- Sugar, molasses, tafia, and rum were the chief exports, but there is less profit in these products of cane nowadays.
via French from West Indian Creole, alteration of ratafia.
More definitions of tafiaDefinition of tafia in:
- The British & World English dictionary