Definition of tagger in English:
1A person who writes graffiti using their nickname or identifying mark.
- Woodley has recently been hit by a spate of graffiti from three taggers.
- We have made your lives more livable, with tougher penalties for graffiti taggers.
- Mayor Gordon Jefferies urged townsfolk to help catch the tagger.
2 Computing A piece of software that adds identifying or classifying tags to pieces of text or data.
- However, overall the poor parser is strained by the lack of verbs more than the tagger seemed to be, mainly due to the added pressure of producing legitimate syntactic structures.
- Note that the keywords need to be selected by the (human) taggers from a controlled vocabulary list to ensure consistency in application and retrieval.
- To test the accuracy of our negation tagger, we evaluated our system against a gold-standard, human-annotated corpus of 250 reports.
Definition of tagger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan