- 1 (tailings) The residue of something, especially ore.More example sentences
- Much of the pollution comes from mine tailings, or residues.
- We've come to the Kennedy Mines Tailing Wheels, which were once these four huge wheels that carried the tailings, or residue, from the mines.
- Questions about possible adverse health effects from environmental and occupational exposures to uranium have arisen as a result of uranium mining, residual mine tailings, and the use of depleted uranium in the military.
- 2The part of a beam or projecting brick or stone embedded in a wall.More example sentences
- After tooling, cut off mortar tailings with trowel and brush excess mortar burrs and dust from face of brick.
More definitions of tailingDefinition of tailing in:
- The British & World English dictionary