Definition of tailorbird in English:
A small southern Asian warbler that makes a row of holes in one or two large leaves and stitches them together with cottony fibers or silk to form a container for the nest.
- Genus Orthotomus, family Sylviidae: several species
- Collected here in 1945, the tailorbirds remained ignored until a 2001 expedition revisited the massif.
- Some tailorbirds prove to be closely related to cisticolas and prinias, in the family Cisticolidae.
- We had some luck with bad views of a Blue-capped Kingfisher, but a pair of Rufous-headed tailorbirds was well seen.
Definition of tailorbird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia