Definition of tailorbird in English:
A small southern Asian warbler that makes a row of holes in one or two large leaves and stitches them together with cottony fibers or silk to form a container for the nest.
- Genus Orthotomus, family Sylviidae: several species
- Collected here in 1945, the tailorbirds remained ignored until a 2001 expedition revisited the massif.
- Some tailorbirds prove to be closely related to cisticolas and prinias, in the family Cisticolidae.
- We had some luck with bad views of a Blue-capped Kingfisher, but a pair of Rufous-headed tailorbirds was well seen.
Definition of tailorbird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.