Definition of tailoring in English:
1The activity or trade of a tailor.
- Skills provided here include; carpentry, tailoring, mixed agriculture, small business management, book keeping and typing skills.
- Apart from these, the girls are also taught various household activities like cooking and tailoring.
- The Ndola Women and Youth Resource Centre facilitates a number of livelihood programmes which include brick making, pottery, agriculture, tailoring, carpentry and others.
1.1The style or cut of a garment or garments.
- Their special occasion outfits include beautifully cut dresses and suits, all with classic tailoring, and all complemented by elegant co-ordinating jackets, shawls and hats.
- The trend is going to be sharper tailoring,’ the designer forecasts.
- His womenswear sets razor-sharp tailoring against indulgently romantic dresses formed from layers of fragile chiffon.
Definition of tailoring in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan