- The water in a tailrace.More example sentences
- From 9pm, on January 2, to 9am, on January 4, the headwater at Boulters had risen ten inches, and the tailwater by 17 ins - this represented the peak at Boulters.
- While a lower section of the river might be covered with ice, the tailwater remains fishable all year.
- If the tailwater is fairly constant, you can set a fixed tailwater elevation for each pond.
More definitions of tailwaterDefinition of tailwater in:
- The British & World English dictionary