Definition of talapoin in English:
A small West African monkey that lives in large groups near watercourses and in swamp forest.
- Miopithecus talapoin, family Cercopithecidae
- Some species breed readily in captivity, as do rhesus; others, such as talapoins, are more difficult.
- Predators of talapoin monkeys include leopards, golden cats, genets, raptors, large snakes, and Nile monitors.
- This Pourquoi tale of the Mpongwe explains why talapoins live in trees.
Definition of talapoin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.