Definition of talapoin in English:
A small West African monkey that lives in large groups near watercourses and in swamp forest.
- Miopithecus talapoin, family Cercopithecidae
- Some species breed readily in captivity, as do rhesus; others, such as talapoins, are more difficult.
- Predators of talapoin monkeys include leopards, golden cats, genets, raptors, large snakes, and Nile monitors.
- This Pourquoi tale of the Mpongwe explains why talapoins live in trees.
Words that rhyme with talapoinsirloin
Definition of talapoin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan