A small West African monkey that lives in large groups near watercourses and in swamp forest.
- Miopithecus talapoin, family Cercopithecidae
More example sentences
- Some species breed readily in captivity, as do rhesus; others, such as talapoins, are more difficult.
- Predators of talapoin monkeys include leopards, golden cats, genets, raptors, large snakes, and Nile monitors.
- This Pourquoi tale of the Mpongwe explains why talapoins live in trees.
late 16th century: from Portuguese talapão, from Mon tala pói, literally 'lord of merit', used as a respectful title for a Buddhist monk.
Definition of talapoin in:
- The British & World English dictionary