- Body washes, shampoos, liquid talc, massaging balms and skin lotions are all priced at £3.99 (available at Boots).
- In the 1960s and 1970s, a new winceyette nightie and a boxed set of pink talc and bath cubes from Woolies were the ultimate in luxury.
- Deodorant or talc should be avoided, as these could irritate or infect the wound.
1.1A white, gray, or pale green soft mineral with a greasy feel, occurring as translucent masses or laminae and consisting of magnesium hydroxyl silicate.
- Further investigation led to biopsy through a bronchoscope, which showed crystals, identified as talc (magnesium silicate).
- This form of bronchiolar disease may occur with inhalation of a number of inorganic dusts, including asbestos, iron oxide, aluminum oxide, talc, mica, silica, silicate, and coal.
- Crystals reach more than 25 cm in length and 2 cm in width and are associated with a mass of fine-grained talc.
verb (talcs, talcing, talced)[with object]
Powder or treat (something) with talc.
- Why would I be wanting to make myself sweat when I am already spending so much time talcing every day, without taking even one step?
- She came up with a price - everything can be had for a price in Bangkok, and before I could figure out if the idea was a good one, I was lying on my back being talced.
- My confessions are talcing my hair, shopping in Primark and talking to the cat in a baby voice.
- ( Geology )Example sentences
- Both the peridotites and pyroxenites alter to amphibolites, which in turn may alter to talcose rocks.
- Near Glovers Bluff is an altered, talcose conglomerate mainly of ultramafic and mafic derivation.
- Similar talcose shears are found in the major fault zone that localizes the California Motherlode deposits where high grade native gold has been produced.
- Example sentences
- The vein was composed of a mixture of ‘talcy, sticky mud and hard quartz.’
- Nevertheless this is a lovely wine, with a fabulously precise nose of mineral-laced pears and apples, with a firm, talcy, white pepper quality.
- Corn starch also has the added benefit of having a silky not talcy feel to it.
Words that rhyme with talccalque
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of talc in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.