noun (plural talesmen)Law
- A person summoned by a tales.More example sentences
- The discretion of executing the process in summoning talesmen is vested in the sheriff, unless one of the party shall require a special bailiff, and then the discretion rests in him.
- Talesman after talesman was excused because of a fixed opinion.
- Of the 1000 talesmen summoned, only ten came from the 14th ward, the working-class quarter.
More definitions of talesmanDefinition of talesman in:
- The British & World English dictionary