- A form of psychotherapy that relies on verbal interaction, especially psychoanalysis.More example sentences
- An interesting contradiction is that while much effort has been expended toward defining addiction as a brain disease, much of the treatment for it relies on ‘talking cures,’ such as 12-step groups and counseling.
- Although she was offered medication, she turned instead to the traditional talking cure offered by a clinical psychotherapist.
- But the call for doctors to prescribe ‘talking cures’ such as counselling for people suffering the most common forms of depression begs other questions.
More definitions of talking cureDefinition of talking cure in:
- The British & World English dictionary