adjective (talkier, talkiest)• informal
- 1(Of a movie, play, novel, etc.) containing a great deal of talk or dialogue: viewers expecting a thriller may find the film talky and slowMore example sentences
- This is absolutely the talkiest movie I have ever seen.
- This is also the talkiest of the three Flash Gordon serials, with the action often grinding to a halt in favor of clunky dialogue.
- Biographical sketches invariably mention that he's the only director still working who began in the silent era, but never bother to add that the movies he's making nowadays are among the talkiest in history.
- 1.1(Of a person) inclined to talk at length; talkative: he’s neurotic, talky, and has a self-deprecating sense of humorMore example sentences
- Of course, it's not clear which way it should go - maybe women's stereotypical chattiness should make them talkier, or maybe men's stereotypical drive to dominate should make them the winners.
- She's not my type, very talky.
- Harris also makes Jenny rather talky, a second mouthpiece for his own opinions.
- More example sentences
- The World Wide Web, I'm likely to say in moments of unbridled talkiness, is an encyclopedia at my fingertips.
- A Man For All Seasons has a delicate slowness about it, with the talkiness inherent in an adapted stage play.
- The problems with the film are in the length and its talkiness.
More definitions of talkyDefinition of talky in:
- The British & World English dictionary