- A tall chest of drawers, typically one mounted on legs and in two sections, one standing on the other. Compare with highboy.More example sentences
- Maggie, I think, is curled up in the third drawer down of the tallboy.
- The items included a tallboy at £3,400, a chest of two short and three long drawers at £1, 950, and a small blanket chest at £1, 250.
- I have found myself pacing around trying but failing to find things to do to keep my mind occupied, occasionally popping into the nursery in a fatherly manner to make sure that the useless door hinge has not failed on the tallboy.
More definitions of tallboyDefinition of tallboy in:
- The British & World English dictionary