- A Mexican dish of seasoned meat wrapped in cornmeal dough and steamed or baked in corn husks.More example sentences
- Tacos, quesadillas, tamales, nachos and other side dishes are available for under four bucks.
- A small brick building located in the heart of the neighborhood, the market specializes in tortillas, tamales, chorizo, candy, and other Mexican foods.
- We then shared an assortment of three first courses - fried gizzards (who could resist), the chef's coleslaw with pineapple and hot chicken tamales.
from Mexican Spanish tamal, plural tamales, from Nahuatl tamalli.
More definitions of tamaleDefinition of tamale in:
- The British & World English dictionary