Definition of tamandua in English:
A small nocturnal arboreal anteater with a naked prehensile tail, native to tropical America.
- Genus Tamandua, family Myrmecophagidae: two species
- And when we landed, a tamandua was busy breaking into a termite mound beside the runway.
- The tamandua feeds on ants and termites which it catches with its long, sticky tongue.
- As well as strong claws, tamanduas have powerful prehensile tails to give them additional purchase when climbing.
Words that rhyme with tamanduatandoor
Definition of tamandua in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan