An Old World shrub or small tree with tiny scalelike leaves borne on slender branches, giving it a feathery appearance.
- Genus Tamarix, family Tamaricaceae: many species
More example sentences
- They sing, chase each other around and hop from branch to branch in the tamarisk trees.
- One building was surrounded by tall tamarisk and Eucalyptus trees.
- Nonnative tamarisk or saltcedar (Tamarix spp.) has invaded many wetlands, and others have been drained and filled.
Definition of tamarisk in:
- The British & World English dictionary