- A kind of long-necked mandolin played in Croatia and neighboring countries.More example sentences
- There he learned the basics of tamburitza music and Croatian dance, and practiced the Croatian language.
- The lead instrument, the prima, the smallest of the group of tamburitzas carries the melody.
- For Croatians living outside of Croatia, the tamburitza was a cultural symbol binding them to their homeland.
Croatian, diminutive of tambura tamboura.
More definitions of tamburitzaDefinition of tamburitza in:
- The British & World English dictionary