Definition of tankage in English:
1The storage capacity of a tank.
- The ex-Dutch B-25s had reduced internal fuel tankage, requiring fuel tanks to be fitted in the bomb bays to giving them useful range but virtually eliminating their offensive capability.
- The corporation is also giving final touches to its auto liquefied petroleum gas dispensing stations on Anna Salai, near Guindy, with "a tankage enough to meet the daily Autogas requirement for about 400 autorickshaws".
- The C-69B was to have extra tankage and was intended as a long-range troop transport while the C-69D was to have further improvements over the B.
1.1The storage of something in a tank or a charge made for such storage.
- Of the proposed tankage, 1.5 million tonnes will be built at Mangalore and one million tonnes at Vizag.
- "The truck is equipped with tankage to enable the transportation of 500 litres of diesel fuel, 500 litres each of bulk engine oil and hydraulic oil and collection of 200 litres of used oil from equipment operating at mining working ends," he said.
- Besides, the country at present has tankage to provide for 45 days' cover of petroleum products.
2A fertilizer or animal feed obtained from the residue from tanks in which animal carcasses have been rendered.
- On top of this were the rooms where they dried the ‘tankage’, the mass of brown stringy stuff that was left after the waste portions of the carcasses had had the lard and tallow dried out of them.
- Tankage is not ordinarily fed to dairy cows but during the 193435 feeding season many dairymen fed it as a protein supplement because of its relatively low price.
- Normally less than 5% meat meal and tankage are used in growing and finishing diets for pigs and less than 10% in diets for brood sows and poultry.
Definition of tankage in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan