Definition of tannic acid in English:
Another term for tannin.
- One researcher I know says the tannic acid and theobromine in tea help remove heat from sunburn.
- The samples were then kept at - 80°C for 24 h in a precooled solution of 0.1% tannic acid in anhydrous acetone.
- They decided to use proline and hydroxyproline embedded in a solid state, and previous experiments had demonstrated that gelatin had high affinities to tannin and tannic acid derived from sorghum.
- Example sentences
- For those who prefer a more technical explanation: The ink would be composed mostly of iron tannate or gallate.
- A ferric tannate staining was used to highlight cell walls exposed on the cut surfaces and stained cells were measured immediately to minimize possible dimensional change due to osmotic water uptake.
- In the presence of iron and water, the naturally-occurring tannins in redwood react to form a dark, blue-black iron tannate precipitate.
Definition of tannic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan