Definition of tansy in English:
A plant of the daisy family with yellow flat-topped buttonlike flower heads and aromatic leaves, formerly used in cooking and medicine.
- Genus Tanacetum, family Compositae: several species, in particular common tansy (T. vulgare)
- Plant tansy or basil around the patio and house to repel mosquitoes.
- It is home to hundreds of species of wildflowers and grasses - including the tansy, meadowsweet, poppy, vetch and marigold - a host of butterflies, insects and beetles, and birds of prey such as the owl and kestrel.
- Many herbs can help to deter flies, such as lavender, sweet woodruff, lemon verbena, star anise, tansy, any of the mints, rosemary, bay, chamomile, rue, elder, southernwood and basil.
Definition of tansy in:
- British & World English dictionary