noun (plural same)
1A North American people native to New Mexico.
- Most archeologists believe that the Taos Indians along with other Pueblo Indians settled along the Rio Grande migrated from the Four Corners region.
- The Taos Indians, being great hunters, are also famous for their work with animal skins moccasins, boots and drums.
- A deep forested mountain valley cradles a small lake that is the headwaters of Rio Pueblo, which tumbles through the village of the Taos people.
1.2The language of the Taos.
- Taos belongs to a northern sub-grouping on the Tiwa branch of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.
- In data collected in 1935 and 1937, he notes that Taos was spoken by all members of the Taos Pueblo community.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.