- A Provençal paste or dip, made from black olives, capers, and anchovies.More example sentences
- His cod is must be among the best in Scotland, large translucent flakes, topped perhaps with a herb crust, a dollop of aioli and black olive tapenade.
- Ingredients like olive tapénade and truffle vinaigrette have become routine at Tavern, deliberately raising its level of culinary sophistication.
- But in its raw state (in salad dressings, pesto, tapenade or dressing pasta, for example), only the best extra-virgin oil you can afford will do.
French, from Provençal.
More definitions of tapenadeDefinition of tapenade in:
- The British & World English dictionary