- Rapid and repeated striking of the body as a technique in massage.More example sentences
- There are five basic terms describing different massage maneuvers: vibration, tapotement, petrisage, effleurage and friction (small range intensive stroking).
- In doing tapotement, the hands must not be raised more than an inch from the patient's body.
- To apply tapotement, use the knife-edge side of the hand and keep the wrist loose.
late 19th century: French, from tapoter 'to tap'.
More definitions of tapotementDefinition of tapotement in:
- The British & World English dictionary