nounPhysiology & Medicine
- A specific organ on which a hormone, drug, or other substance acts.More example sentences
- The progestin component provides competitive antagonism to androgen at its receptors, reducing the action of testosterone at the target organ.
- The dose of a poison a person is exposed to is not equivalent to the amount that enters the body, but rather the amount that reaches the target organ.
- When an organ or tissue is under investigation a radioactive tracer can be injected into the patient and allowed to get to the target organ.
More definitions of target organDefinition of target organ in:
- The British & World English dictionary