Definition of tarmacadam in English:
Another term for Tarmac.
- The barriers will stop the car park being used as a short cut from the Stradbally Road to the Dublin road, a practice that has a wearing effect on the tarmacadam and has insurance implications also.
- The road surface was tarmacadam, a bitumen surface with a 14 mm aggregate close graded wearing course.
- A welcome has been recorded at the completion of the road surface on the Mountain Road after workmen applied the tarmacadam surface on that roadway last week.
- Example sentences
- All house types will have a mixed elevation of red brick, plaster and hallmark stone, all gardens will be levelled and seeded and driveways will be tarmacadamed, making them an attractive home for any discerning purchaser.
- All the local driveways should be well tarmacadamed by then.
- It has parking for two or three cars in the tarmacadamed forecourt which leads to the garage, which can hold one vehicle.
Definition of tarmacadam in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.