Definition of tarmacadam in English:
Another term for Tarmac.
- The barriers will stop the car park being used as a short cut from the Stradbally Road to the Dublin road, a practice that has a wearing effect on the tarmacadam and has insurance implications also.
- The road surface was tarmacadam, a bitumen surface with a 14 mm aggregate close graded wearing course.
- A welcome has been recorded at the completion of the road surface on the Mountain Road after workmen applied the tarmacadam surface on that roadway last week.
- Example sentences
- All house types will have a mixed elevation of red brick, plaster and hallmark stone, all gardens will be levelled and seeded and driveways will be tarmacadamed, making them an attractive home for any discerning purchaser.
- All the local driveways should be well tarmacadamed by then.
- It has parking for two or three cars in the tarmacadamed forecourt which leads to the garage, which can hold one vehicle.
Definition of tarmacadam in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan