- A heavy paper impregnated with tar and used as a waterproofing material in building.More example sentences
- Damage to the houses was repaired with the least expensive materials: tarpaper covered holes in walls and roofs and water-resistant metallic paint filled in thin roof areas.
- The runways were lengthened and tarpaper shacks and other buildings were built in a matter of a few months.
- On the way we pass through Chinle again, past the Navajo single wides, sometimes repaired with bits of plywood, dirt yards, a junker or two out front, quite often a Hogan, made either of logs or plywood and tarpaper out front too.
More definitions of tarpaperDefinition of tarpaper in:
- The British & World English dictionary