- More example sentences
- Also has a some tarriness and a few gamey/meaty characters that add to the overall appeal.
- Classic Barossa Valley Shiraz aromas abound here: grassy wheaty, with sweet spicy fruitcake and tarriness, too.
- This is a dense and brooding Merlot that displays a fine and persistent finish with a hint of tarriness.
verb (tarries, tarrying, tarried)[no object] dated
Stay longer than intended; delay leaving a place: she could tarry a bit and not get home until four
More example sentences
- Nations come and go and have since the beginning of time and if the Lord tarries will continue to come and go forever.
- One of our great poets has well and finely said that freedom is not a gift that tarries long in the hands of cowards.
- Think of Jesus, in the Garden of Gethsemane, His disciples tarried and fell asleep.
Middle English: of unknown origin.
- ( rare )More example sentences
- Our warriors, long tarriers, will set swift sail.