- Example sentences
- Also has a some tarriness and a few gamey/meaty characters that add to the overall appeal.
- Classic Barossa Valley Shiraz aromas abound here: grassy wheaty, with sweet spicy fruitcake and tarriness, too.
- This is a dense and brooding Merlot that displays a fine and persistent finish with a hint of tarriness.
Words that rhyme with tarryBarry, Carrie, carry, Cary, Clarrie, Gary, glengarry, harry, intermarry, lari, Larry, marry, miscarry, parry
verb (tarries, tarrying, tarried)[no object] dated
Stay longer than intended; delay leaving a place: she could tarry a bit and not get home until four
More example sentences
- Nations come and go and have since the beginning of time and if the Lord tarries will continue to come and go forever.
- One of our great poets has well and finely said that freedom is not a gift that tarries long in the hands of cowards.
- Think of Jesus, in the Garden of Gethsemane, His disciples tarried and fell asleep.
Middle English: of unknown origin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan