Anatomy & Zoology
Definition of tarsal in English:
Of or relating to the tarsus: the tarsal claws of beetles
More example sentences
- The lateral terminal branch of the deep peroneal nerve sends fibers to the extensor digitorum brevis muscle and articular twigs to the tarsal joints.
- These areas include the plantar fascia, ankle joint, tarsal tunnel, interdigital space, and first metatarsophalangeal joint.
- In the most severe cases, the distal tips of the maxillary and labial palps are transformed to tarsal claws.
nounBack to top
A bone of the tarsus.
- We digitized the pelvis, femur, tibia, fibula, astragalus, calcaneum, distal tarsals, and metatarsals II-IV.
- The postcranial skeleton, and especially the vertebrae, carpals and tarsals, were very slow to ossify.
- Lungs are well developed, teeth are blade-like, carpal and tarsals ossified in adults, and the diploid number is 28.
Definition of tarsal in:
- British & World English dictionary