Any of a number of American plants of the daisy family with sticky leaves and heavy scent.
- Madia, Grindelia, Hemizonia, and related genera, family Compositae
More example sentences
- A good example would again be the Hemizonias, some of which have been called tarweeds and some tarplants.
- Pods are deposited close to the basal growth of forbs such as tarweeds and Russian thistle.
- These techniques can greatly reduce a population of tarweed, leaving very few plants to flower and set seed.
Definition of tarweed in:
- The British & World English dictionary