Definition of tasteless in English:
- They have a chewy texture not unlike meat and, since they are basically tasteless, you can flavour them any way you like.
- The chips were also fine, if extremely well cooked, but the rather bland and tasteless mixed veg were nothing to write home about, so I won't.
- According to him, broiler or farm chicken is as good as vegetables, but tasteless and bland, however well they may be prepared.
2Considered to be lacking in aesthetic judgment or to offend against what is regarded as appropriate behavior: a tasteless joke
More example sentences
- I now regret that totally tasteless and inappropriate joke about his singing that managed to work its way into the copy.
- First thing Monday morning, I would be in at school or work, entertaining people with crass jokes and tasteless witticisms.
- He he to admit that the models for the baby clothes are adorable, but there are a whole series of tasteless jokes that could be made here.
- Example sentences
- What was once relegated to the category of trivia (the perfect sports moment) has not, tastelessly, morphed into a television channel.
- A Caesar salad is a pathetic nod to salad eaters, mostly because its dressing, like the blue cheese, is tastelessly industrial.
- Maybe it's because there are too many noisy, complaining, tastelessly dressed German tourists in France.
- Example sentences
- Its jokes are notorious for their tastelessness, its pet targets are mercilessly goaded, and the magazine's reputation for factual accuracy leaves a certain amount to be desired.
- His historical analogy was compelling, but that didn't save him from being denounced by right-thinking peers for his tastelessness.
- But the tastelessness would not detract from the truth of the statement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.