(also tatami mat)
noun (plural same or tatamis)
- A rush-covered straw mat forming a traditional Japanese floor covering.More example sentences
- I made an executive decision about my life and downgraded my bed to a cheap tatami mat, a traditional straw Japanese mat meant for sleeping.
- She said when she moved in all the rooms were designed in Japanese style with tatami on the floor.
- My room had a wood floor with a tatami mat over it.
More definitions of tatamiDefinition of tatami in:
- The British & World English dictionary