An acid formed by the combination of taurine with cholic acid, occurring in bile.
More example sentences
- It involves use of taurocholic acid and its salts as enhancers for calcitonin containing pharmaceutical compositions.
- Glycocholic acid and unconjugated cholic acid were equally effective as taurocholic acid in suppressing cholesterol 7 alpha-hydroxylase mRNA.
- More example sentences
- Sodium taurocholate or deoxycholate (0.3 mmol/l, bile salt) and/or HCl were added to the mucosal bathing solutions.
- Conjugation of this with taurine or glycine gives the bile salts, taurocholate and glycocholate.
- Other than protein, the most important product of cysteine metabolism is the bile salt precursor taurine, which is used to form the bile acid conjugates taurocholate and taurochenodeoxycholate.
mid 19th century: from Greek tauros 'bull' + kholē 'bile' + -ic.
More definitions of taurocholic acidDefinition of taurocholic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary