- A grayish-olive edible wrasse (fish) that occurs off the Atlantic coast of North America.
More example sentences
- Tautoga onitis, family Labridae
- And we put no credence whatever in the old myth that the vent of the tautog closes over in winter.
- Taken by rod, reel, and spear from May through October, tautog is an important sport fish in Rhode Island.
- There should be more of a regional management approach for both commercial and recreational tautog fisheries.
mid 17th century: from Narragansett tautauog, plural of taut.
More definitions of tautogDefinition of tautog in:
- The British & World English dictionary