- A small Greek restaurant or cafe.More example sentences
- Step inside the restaurant and you'll be transported to a Greek taverna, as the wonderful aroma of Mediterranean cooking fills the air.
- A string of restaurants ranging from fine dining through to a Greek taverna and a pizza terrace dot the seafront, with its classical views out to the island of Zakynthos.
- 14th century Byzantine ramparts radiate from here, mostly overlooked by 20th century apartments, tavernas and cafes, yet it feels more like an overgrown village.
modern Greek, from Latin taberna (see tavern).
More definitions of tavernaDefinition of taverna in:
- The British & World English dictionary