adjective & adverb
- (Of goods, income, etc.) exempt from tax: [as adjective]: a tax-free lump sum [as adverb]: your return is paid to you tax-freeMore example sentences
- Foreign traders save money because the goods are tax-free while in the zones.
- A tax code is a way of dividing this tax-free income over the whole year.
- No credible accountant would recommend clients to buy shares in stallions to reap tax-free income.
More definitions of tax-freeDefinition of tax-free in:
- The British & World English dictionary