- A country or independent area where taxes are levied at a low rate.More example sentences
- The tiny principality of Liechtenstein has managed to transform itself from a poor farming country into a wealthy tax haven.
- Stafford originated the idea of a financial tax haven for Dublin, though it was later regarded as the brainchild of Dermot Desmond.
- As Bank of Ireland's operations in the Jersey tax haven come under close scrutiny by the Revenue Commissioners, exposure of its business practices should be a source of deep embarrassment to management.
More definitions of tax havenDefinition of tax haven in:
- The British & World English dictionary