- Remission of a proportion of income tax normally due on earned income: tax relief is available on the initial investmentMore example sentences
- If you drive a solar-powered car, you get tax relief.
- You get tax relief on your contributions, so each £100 you contribute costs you only £78.
- If you did not use up all your valuable tax relief in one tax year, you could carry it forward to a later year.
More definitions of tax reliefDefinition of tax relief in:
- The British & World English dictionary