Definition of taxation in English:
1The levying of tax.
- Income tax rate will not be increased and the progressive taxation system will be preserved.
- Tax experts have been quick to point out the legitimacy of the Irish taxation system.
- In effect, while not a tax, zakaah seems to be a more equitable form of levy than taxation on income.
1.1Money paid as tax.
- These assets were paid for by our forefathers through money raised through local taxation.
- It's vital we reform local democracy so people regard local taxation as money well spent.
- Tax on capital gains provides an incentive to place capital in the member country with the lowest level of taxation.
Words that rhyme with taxationablation, aeration, agnation, Alsatian, Amerasian, Asian, aviation, cetacean, citation, conation, creation, Croatian, counterdemonstration, counterproliferation, crustacean, curation, Dalmatian, delation, dilation, donation, duration, elation, fixation, Galatian, geolocation, glocalization, gyration, Haitian, halation, Horatian, ideation, illation, lavation, legation, libation, location, lunation, mutation, natation, nation, negation, notation, nutation, oblation, oration, ovation, potation, relation, rogation, rotation, Sarmatian, sedation, Serbo-Croatian, station, staycation, Thracian, vacation, vexation, vocation, zonation
Definition of taxation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.