noun (plural taxes /ˈtakˌsēz/)
- 1 Surgery The restoration of displaced bones or organs by manual pressure alone.More example sentences
- He sent for a surgeon, who attempted to reduce the hernia by the taxis.
- 3 Linguistics The systematic arrangement of linguistic units (phonemes, morphemes, words, phrases, or clauses) in linear sequence.More example sentences
- The only remaining factor to which the difference in meaning between (1) and (2) can be ascribed is the arrangement of the morphemes (the taxis).
More definitions of taxisDefinition of taxis in:
- The British & World English dictionary