noun (plural taxa /ˈtaksə/)Biology
- A taxonomic group of any rank, such as a species, family, or class.More example sentences
- The extent of polyploidy in target taxa and related species was generally unknown.
- Each taxon represents a single species, except where the number of taxa is given in parentheses.
- For this study, we were not able to obtain standard samples for these species taxa.
1920s: back-formation from taxonomy.
More definitions of taxonDefinition of taxon in:
- The British & World English dictionary