- 1North American A small object that is decorative rather than strictly functional; a trinket.More example sentences
- The group staged golf tournaments and cruises and sold innumerable collectible tchotchkes - limited-edition wooden plaques, team pictures, 25th anniversary prepaid calling cards.
- He has a huge collection of tchotchkes.
- In return, he gets an eagle tchotchke for his knickknack shelf because ‘eagles have no borders.’
- 2US A pretty girl or woman.More example sentences
- Leo Rosten, author of The Joys of Yiddish, gives an alternate sense of tchotchke as meaning a desirable young girl, a "pretty young thing".
More definitions of tchotchkeDefinition of tchotchke in:
- The British & World English dictionary