Definition of tea garden in English:
1A garden in which tea and other refreshments are served to the public.
- A new public entrance with a tea garden was created, and a tearoom and kitchen were made in part of the lower courtyard.
- As we struck up a conversation, he took to a caravansarai - a trading post built 500 years ago by the Seljuk Turks - that now served as a tea garden.
- From 9am to 4pm, a craft market will offer an interesting retail experience, while a tea garden provides shoppers with a welcome reprieve from the icy winter chill.
2A tea plantation.
- The deputy commissioner along with other senior officials was camping in the tea garden throughout the night.
- Then the ghat road begins: a steep incline, the road bordered by cliffs, or opening out to views of tea gardens, eucalyptus plantations, forest.
- Even the ground water is unfit for drinking due to large-scale application of fertilizers, pesticides and agrochemicals in the tea gardens.
Definition of tea garden in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.