Definition of tea garden in English:
1A garden in which tea and other refreshments are served to the public.
- A new public entrance with a tea garden was created, and a tearoom and kitchen were made in part of the lower courtyard.
- As we struck up a conversation, he took to a caravansarai - a trading post built 500 years ago by the Seljuk Turks - that now served as a tea garden.
- From 9am to 4pm, a craft market will offer an interesting retail experience, while a tea garden provides shoppers with a welcome reprieve from the icy winter chill.
2A tea plantation.
- The deputy commissioner along with other senior officials was camping in the tea garden throughout the night.
- Then the ghat road begins: a steep incline, the road bordered by cliffs, or opening out to views of tea gardens, eucalyptus plantations, forest.
- Even the ground water is unfit for drinking due to large-scale application of fertilizers, pesticides and agrochemicals in the tea gardens.
Definition of tea garden in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan