- A long, loose-fitting dress, typically made of fine fabric and lace-trimmed, worn at afternoon tea and popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.More example sentences
- I dressed in a blue velvet tea gown with a lace underblouse.
- I put on a simple light green silk and velvet tea gown and walked to their door.
- The ladies were dressed in their best tea gowns and lace parasols were held over their heads by lacy fingers.
More definitions of tea gownDefinition of tea gown in:
- The British & World English dictionary