- 1A social gathering in the afternoon at which tea, cakes, and other light refreshments are served.More example sentences
- I appreciate the invitation for the afternoon tea party with Princess Mikasa but unfortunately had to go on to something else.
- The local ladies of the Limerick Invalid fund thank all who contributed so generously to the afternoon tea party.
- At least the Vicar's tea party serves refreshments.
- 2 (Tea Party) A US political party that emerged from a movement of conservatives protesting the federal government in 2009.[an allusion to the Boston Tea Party]More example sentences
- Florida, always a key electoral battleground, has become ground zero for the burgeoning Tea Party movement this year.
- Mr. Kennedy has gotten some support from conservative Tea Party organizations.
- Now, Tea Party activists are trying to take over the establishment, ground up.
- More example sentences
- But then you have a second ring of people who tend to sympathize with the Tea Party Movement, and you see this in opinion polls, people who say I'm not a Tea Partier but I like what they're up to.
- As a Tea Partier, I think the term "Tea Party Movement" is very misleading.
- If Polly ever changes political allegiance again (as she did before) I can imagine her as a Tea Partier.
More definitions of tea partyDefinition of tea party in:
- The British & World English dictionary