Definition of tea tree in English:
An Australasian flowering shrub or small tree with leaves that are sometimes used for tea. Some species yield an oil valued for its antiseptic properties.
- Genus Leptospermum, family Myrtaceae: several species, in particular Melaleuca alternifolia, whose leaves yield an essential oil
- Other ingredients such as propolis, myrrh, tea tree and echinacea can help slow bacterial growth, strengthen gum tissue and prevent inflammation.
- He points to work done in a Parisian hospital in which doctors used essential oils of tea tree, thyme and oregano to treat infections.
- On shelves in one bedroom were dozens of bottles of essential oils: clary sage, cinnamon, tea tree and carrot seed.
Definition of tea tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.