Definition of teacher in English:
A person who teaches, especially in a school.
- On the first day of the new school year the teachers are crackling with enthusiasm.
- The crush you had on the history teacher was so obvious it could be seen a mile off.
- At the Catholic Junior School a teacher caned me for talking to the boy next to me.
- Example sentences
- That's now my ideal of teacherly advocacy: The object of veneration is not the lecturer but the work of art.
- My own children always laugh at my teacherly impulses to say that the students should tell the teachers what is going on, but there it is.
- Yet the teacherly streak in Orwell - his calling to educate the unenlightened bourgeoisie - drove him further to investigate Britain's under-class.
Words that rhyme with teacherbleacher, creature, feature, headteacher, Katowice, Nietzsche, preacher, screecher
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.